Saturday, November 22, 2008

The overwhelming Internet...


The Internet issue is really a big deal if you think for a moment that it may never disappear and that you will have to use it during all your life, especially at work.
Indeed, it has become a necessary tool in most jobs, and not having Internet today would be really disabling. However, I can't help myself think that our parents did not have it and easily dit without it. The matter is that when you are used to something, it is really hard to do without it...
The French humourist Coluche used to say, to caricature politicians who did promises (especially to poor people) but did not keep them : "Tell we what you need, I will tell you how to do without it!"

We use Internet in our jobs for several things, I will enumerate the 3 more important ones, according to me :
1) To send e-mails and be aware of important things right away, ie what I'll call "constant interaction".
2) To work at a distance with foreign partners.
3) To easily do researchs : Internet seen as the place where all the knowledges meet.

But, who knows ? Internet may disappear one day... for a better tool, of course ! What could it be ? Damn, I can't imagine a more powerful "matrix" right now...

No comments: