Thursday, October 2, 2008

Open Office vs. Microsoft... No hesitation.

I think that Open Office, Firefox and others are not the match for Microsoft and the commercial software groups. Don't you ?
2 years ago, I bought a laptop, and it was sold with OpenOffice. The assistant insured that it was exactly the same as MicrosoftWord. I wanted to believe him. Sure, why not ? Moreover, it was free, so I really wanted to believe him. I tried. I swear.
But the reality can sometimes be very cruel. And I had to admit that Microsoft worths a lot more. It is handier and some details and subtleties do not exist in OpenOffice, which is more crude. And some applications are limited.
So, I think next time I will choose to pay in order to have a good commercial software rather than having a less good quality commercial software for free.

No comments: